Search This Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Web Host HostDime Offers Attracta SEO Tools to Resellers

By Nicole Henderson
(WEB HOST INDUSTRY REVIEW) --Web hosting provider HostDime (www.hostdime.com) announced on Wednesday that it has extended its partnership with Attracta (www.attracta.com) for HostDime's resellers to access Attracta's SEO tools at no cost.
According to the press release, Attracta's suite of SEO tools have been available to its direct customers for a year, but this partnership extension enables resellers to offer increased website traffic to their own customers.
This news comes a month after HostDime launched its affiliate program.
Attracta has made several similar partnerships with hosting providers lately. Most recently, Attractapartnered with HostGee.
Attracta's SEO tools are integrated directly into all of HostDime's control panels via a cPanel Plugin, according to the press release.
The SEO tools evaluate websites against Google's Webmaster guidelines, as well as other best practices.
The tools can automatically correct many SEO mistakes, including XML Sitemap submission, common SEO error identification and correction, as well as extensive search submission and business directory listings, Attracta says. Read more...

Google Image Search Is Caffeinated

by rbucich

As an in-house SEO, I don't have many opportunities to share my observations publicly, this is my maiden blog post here at SEOMoz and I hope you find it interesting.

Being an active photographer allows me to experiment on the side as a normal course of my hobby. Over the last year, I've been observing changes in Google Image Search that I'm finally comfortable sharing.

Because of my experience in SEO, I've become quite adept at getting an image to rank in the first handful of results (assuming I'm not going after some super competitive head term). This in itself isn't unique but having spent time over at the help forum I observed two things that I believe are connected.

First, there was a sudden influx of complaints in the forum a few months back from people who had lost a large sum of traffic from Google Image Search. Turns out that the bar had been lowered for the "moderate filter" and any images on a site that were remotely risque were causing all images to fall under the filter.

Two, indexing is happening at a blazing speed, I unoriginally call it caffeinated. This latter observation was difficult to detect because Google was intentionally grabbing small graphical elements such as badges from a site and ranking them highly for the target term in very short order. It baffled me at first how or why a badge without an alt attribute, nearby text or keyword in the filename would get picked up so quickly. When I say quickly, we're talking under 10 minutes! I have observed 3 minutes in one case. Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lik3s

banner

Popular Posts

Link Exchange

Banner with Text Link

seoservicesprovider SEO Services Provider

SEO Services | SEO Firm | Google SEO News | Freelance SEO India | Link Building Solutions |