Search This Blog

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Column: Social Overload? Nah, bring on Google+

By Monica Vainauskas

Monica Vainauskas
I consider myself to be quite social media savvy; I'm all over it whenever I have the time.
I'm connected through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Flickr – I think I even still have a Myspace account, which I probably should delete.
Then, of course, there's the newly added Google+, or as some might call it, the new Facebook.
Google+ has grown drastically in 16 days by hitting 10 million users; a huge milestone that Facebook and Twitter didn't reach until two years after launch.
My first response to the new social media tool: I was a little skeptical.
As if we didn't have enough social networks already, it's a bit exhausting to think about adding a new one to the mix, especially since most of us have already set up camp on Facebook.
With the start of the fall semester just around the corner, it makes me wonder what effects the new social network will have on people.
Facebook is already enough of a distraction in classrooms; many of us can't really even go on a computer without checking one of our accounts.
Now that we're given the option for another one to update, this is going to be interesting to see.
Unless everyone decides to abandon Facebook like they did with Myspace, many people are going to be spending even more time online instead of out in the real world, catching up with friends the old fashion way.
It was my curiosity that led me to join Google+, along with hearing many favorable reviews.
Since I've made my Google+ account, I must agree to say that it is extremely appealing.
I was actually on Google+ the other day for over an hour just trying to figure it out – I had to force myself to go do something else for awhile. Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lik3s

banner

Popular Posts

Link Exchange

Banner with Text Link

seoservicesprovider SEO Services Provider

SEO Services | SEO Firm | Google SEO News | Freelance SEO India | Link Building Solutions |